Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
  Print  
Author Topic: February Meetup & Run - Prairie City OHV  (Read 20360 times)
Greg
Administrator

View Profile
« on: January 28, 2011, 11:25:56 pm »

Scheduled our first "run" for Feb 26th   Saturday - destination unknown - looking for suggestions. Hopefully  most of us can make it! Post your ideas for our feb "run" or anything else you want to say. We are now up to about 25 interested members-  mostly concentrated in Sacramento and surrounding foothills but a few out in the bay area and a few on the eastern side of the sierra.
« Last Edit: January 31, 2011, 08:03:49 pm by Greg » Logged
Justin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 30, 2011, 01:17:55 pm »

Here is an area in colfax called Greenhorn that I've heard about (never been). This site says its closed, I'm assuming its because he doesnt know to much about the place. There are videos of people there last winter on youtube. Anyone want to go check it out next saturday (feb5th)?

http://www.riderplanet-usa.com/atv/trails/info/california_12642/ride_4cd4.htm

'91 Sandrail-'75 914
Justin
GS

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2011, 04:36:44 pm »

I know where Colfax is (up HWY 80 on the way to skiing), but the Greenhorn web site you linked to says it's near Grass Valley. So, where is it really located? I would definitely want to go, though!
Jeff 550

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2011, 05:24:59 pm »

Prairie city would be a good spot for the first trip. its small but still fun.
 would be good to meet each other and have a little fun but nothing to extreme. then also we could plan on the next trip.

Jeffrey Hannah
Farm welder/Fabricator.
Greg
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2011, 06:20:16 pm »

Hey Krazy -

Where is Prairie located?

: Greg
GS

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2011, 06:38:59 pm »

Prairie City OHV is located east of Sacramento on HWY 50, between Folsom and El Dorado Hills.
Greg
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 30, 2011, 08:36:45 pm »

Looks like a cool place. The State Parks site says that certain areas of the 4x4 region may be closed for renovations. Has anyone been out there lately to see how open or closed off the area is? If that doesn't work out, there's the OHV area in Oroville, CA as well.

For the first meet, it might also be cool to get some pizza afterwards so people can meet each other and we can plan out some future runs.
Justin

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 30, 2011, 08:57:08 pm »

I know where Colfax is (up HWY 80 on the way to skiing), but the Greenhorn web site you linked to says it's near Grass Valley. So, where is it really located? I would definitely want to go, though!

The main staging area on that link was where I was planning to go.

'91 Sandrail-'75 914
Justin
Justin

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 30, 2011, 09:04:43 pm »

Looks like a cool place. The State Parks site says that certain areas of the 4x4 region may be closed for renovations. Has anyone been out there lately to see how open or closed off the area is? If that doesn't work out, there's the OHV area in Oroville, CA as well.

For the first meet, it might also be cool to get some pizza afterwards so people can meet each other and we can plan out some future runs.

I was there about two months ago, then they had just the obstacle course area. But now the rest of the 4x4 park is open but the obstacle course is closed. I agree Prarie city or greenhorn would be a first good meet spot. Prarie might be better for us right now, because the river at green horn is probably flowing strong and hard.

'91 Sandrail-'75 914
Justin
Jeff 550

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 30, 2011, 09:59:36 pm »

was out there last weekend and it was all open

Jeffrey Hannah
Farm welder/Fabricator.
Justin

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 30, 2011, 10:18:26 pm »

Hey Krazy Baja nice to see you on here! I called prarie city after you sent me the pm on the samba to get the skinny, they confirmed that the 4x4 area will remain open, but they now closed the obstacle course to renovate it (no big deal since the 4x4 area has much more land).

I've been waiting to go to the prarie 4x4 area since I bought my rail (end of last year). I went there back in 2003, although its not as big as roaming in a real park, I remember there being a decent amount of space, is it not the case anymore? Or has my memory failed me and its just always been small Grin
« Last Edit: January 30, 2011, 10:42:18 pm by Jrp916 » Logged

'91 Sandrail-'75 914
Justin
Jeff 550

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 30, 2011, 10:58:58 pm »

the obstacle side is the smaller side which doesnt really matter but was open last time i was there.

Jeffrey Hannah
Farm welder/Fabricator.
GS

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 31, 2011, 07:58:35 am »

Prairie City is sounding good to me. Plus, it's between Sacramento and Placerville so it's a short drive for a lot of us.
Its a Play Thing

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 31, 2011, 05:27:31 pm »

Our "Thing" is still to new and has a few bugs to work out.  but the wifes retired class 5/1600 is always up and running, as long as we do not need to be street legal would we like to attend. I guess I would need a "Green Sticker" but that should not be that hard to get, I hope....
Fasty

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 31, 2011, 05:32:49 pm »

I hate to say it, but I'll have to probably pass this month, got a wedding to attend that weekend, but you never know.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 7
  Print  

Jump to: