Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Print  
Author Topic: Alder Creek ride JULY 23  (Read 15029 times)
baja13

View Profile
« on: July 15, 2011, 01:09:07 pm »

I started a new thread for the upcomming ride.  Like I mentioned before in my other description ( see Julyl meet up thread), this trail is out in the EL Dorado National Forest. It is accessed off of Mormom Emmigrant trail in Pollock Pines. The trail starts about 15 miles from the junction at the lake where we would probably meet.  It is forest service roads and pretty easy. there are some spurs that looked more challenging, the map shows a fire look out at the top. The road goes past some great camping spots along the river and also there is a strech that has a nice waterfall and some natural rock slides in the river.  There are several easy river crossings and lots of places to explore. The map shows this trail connecting up with Hwy 50 near Kyburz on the far end. It looks like it would be a nice place to ride, hang out, and swim. It takes about an hour to get to the junction were we would meet up and another few minutes to get out to the trail itself. If someone wanted to exit out on hwy 50 I think the trail is probably about 10-15 miles.

I get off work that morning at 7:30 in sacramento so I will get up the hill around 8:30-9:00 ish. So for me the earliest I can get up there is around 9 am to meet. It not super early but its the best I can do.

I see that Daniel and Greg have expressed interest in comming up and riding. Anyone else interested? Camping anyone?
« Last Edit: July 24, 2011, 08:10:18 am by Greg » Logged
BadDogRacing

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 15, 2011, 02:44:55 pm »

I can only do a day trip, no camping for me.

Justin

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 15, 2011, 03:33:34 pm »

What time do you guys think you'll get back? Have somethings going on in the afternoon, might be able to go for a few hours...

'91 Sandrail-'75 914
Justin
ZeBrAJA

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 15, 2011, 09:07:26 pm »

Meeting at 9am sounds good to me. I can only do Saturday, got stuff to do on Sunday.
baja13

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 15, 2011, 09:44:31 pm »

I am planning on hanging out and driving around out there most of the day but anyone can come up for as much or as little time as they want. Plan on an hour drive up from sacramento (50 miles) to get to the lake and the junction of Mormon Emmigrant. It takes about 20  more min to get to the actual trail. So if you plan on riding around for a few hours to make it worth the drive up the hill, you are looking at a half day or more by the time you get home. So anyone can come along for as much or as little as they would like.
towddude

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 17, 2011, 08:20:31 am »

Baja13,
I'd be coming from the Carson City area, any directions to your jumping off place ?

Bob

If you've done it, it ain't brag'n
GS

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 18, 2011, 12:38:56 pm »

We'll probably come along for this ride. Tag, I may take you up on the offer to convoy up the hill from Sacramento that morning. Where in Sacramento will you be starting from? Since the last ride we may it to, have you guys added any new semi-standard equipment? For example, I have a pair of FRS walkies with line-out jacks that can work through my dash radio...does anyone else bring FRS or C/B radios?
Justin

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2011, 12:51:41 pm »

I have a CB...

Any idea if there is an area I can leave my suv and trailer by the alder creek trail head?

'91 Sandrail-'75 914
Justin
BadDogRacing

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 18, 2011, 01:55:08 pm »

We'll probably come along for this ride. Tag, I may take you up on the offer to convoy up the hill from Sacramento that morning. Where in Sacramento will you be starting from? Since the last ride we may it to, have you guys added any new semi-standard equipment? For example, I have a pair of FRS walkies with line-out jacks that can work through my dash radio...does anyone else bring FRS or C/B radios?

I'm interested in a convoy from Sacramento up the hill too. I have both FRS and CB (I usually monitor CH-2).

Other commitiments require me to be back in Sacramento no later than 2pm.

Scooter

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 18, 2011, 02:02:11 pm »

I would like to propose meeting at the Starbucks at 3700 Power Inn Rd, corner of Power Inn and Cucamonga. That is a pretty central point or we could just pick you up along the way.

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend, inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.
BadDogRacing

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 18, 2011, 02:39:35 pm »

I would like to propose meeting at the Starbucks at 3700 Power Inn Rd, corner of Power Inn and Cucamonga. That is a pretty central point or we could just pick you up along the way.

ETA?

GS

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 18, 2011, 02:39:55 pm »

How far south of Hwy 50 is Cucamonga, down Power Inn Rd? 'Cause I'd maybe move the Sacramento meeting area to a business at the intersection of Hwy 50 and Howe/Power Inn, unless the Starbucks is really close to the freeway anyway.
Justin

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 18, 2011, 03:44:30 pm »

Here is a cool little write up on Alder Creek...

http://www.onewithquad.com/atv-quad-day-trips/alder-creek-morrison/

'91 Sandrail-'75 914
Justin
towddude

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 18, 2011, 04:20:42 pm »

Justin,
I think I messed up responding to your message. So here is my answer.

I'm bringing my Burro (not picture in avatar). Yes, it is street legal. If I knew how to attach a picture I would.
I think Scott will be riding with me. Need directions to starting point. Looking forward to meeting you Baja guys....
Bob

If you've done it, it ain't brag'n
Scooter

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2011, 04:49:34 pm »

How far south of Hwy 50 is Cucamonga, down Power Inn Rd? 'Cause I'd maybe move the Sacramento meeting area to a business at the intersection of Hwy 50 and Howe/Power Inn, unless the Starbucks is really close to the freeway anyway.
Cucamonga and Starbucks is about 1/4 south of Folsom Blvd at the Granite Park office buildings.

Outside of a dog, a book is man's best friend, inside of a dog, it's too dark to read.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 6
  Print  

Jump to: