Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  
Author Topic: May Monthly MeetUp  (Read 6620 times)
BadDogRacing

View Profile
« on: April 27, 2011, 08:53:52 am »

This is the time of year that my schedule gets really busy but I hope to make as many Nor Cal Baja Events as possible. I'm bummed that I can't make the April Run but hope that plans for May might pan out.
Unfortunately for me, I only have one free weekend, May 14/15 and one additional free Saturday, May 21.

Prairie City might be getting old, but it is convenient and makes for a good proving ground. The fact that we have made some friends there (Eddie), ensures us a recovery option if needed. We can also do a BBQ should we want to. I did look at their website and see that the Hang Town AMA MX National takes place from the 15th to the 21st, So that may rule that idea out all together.

I'm also very interested in participating in an outing much like what is being planned for the April GTG, (Indian Valley Res. Area). In another thread, Pollack Pines, and Placerville/Georgetown areas have been mentioned and also sound very interesting.

These are just some thoughts and suggestions. I look forward to getting together with the club, doing some off-roading, taking some pictures & videos, and writing up another report/review of the event. Hope to get another great group shot.

What say you?
« Last Edit: May 19, 2011, 03:09:40 pm by Greg » Logged

Justin

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2011, 10:33:20 am »

Yeah I heard that the whole park is shutdown for hang-town. I can call and confirm. An alternative would be to find some semi local trails, maybe something up in the foothills? I'd think alot of the snow should be melted by then... I could probably make something on may14-15th...

'91 Sandrail-'75 914
Justin
baja13

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 28, 2011, 12:54:26 pm »

I am thinking something kinda local as well. Maybe some foothills trails. I start doing some research.
Greg
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 04, 2011, 05:08:05 pm »

Hey guys -

Let's try and get a date poll working to see who's available when. I'm terrible for May and June due to my wedding coming up, so the only date I can do in May is the weekend of the 21st. If that doesn't work for everyone, I may just head up to the Tehama Wildlife Area or over to where Marcel and Tag went this past weekend.

Greg
BadDogRacing

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2011, 06:06:19 pm »

I like May 21st also. It is really the only possibility for me to participate in May.

For the record....
I like the sound of the Rayhouse Road Trail (Cache Creek Area). For those of you with a Backroads Adventures-Northern California guide, it's the North Coast #1 Adventure (page 500).
The trail is discribed as 13.1 miles, about 1.5 hours driving time. Difficulty rating is 3 (10 being most difficult), and elevation changes of 600-2500 feet.
If we decide to run it and finish early enough, we can always get to the end, turn around and run the trail in reverse.

I also like the idea of running the area Tag and Marcel ran in April.

If the 21st is picked as the day, regardless of what the destination is, I would like to get an early and hope to get back home at a decent time. I know it sounds selfish, but I have a race to direct early Sunday morning.
« Last Edit: May 04, 2011, 06:14:25 pm by BadDogRacing » Logged

Justin

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 05, 2011, 10:12:20 am »

Sounds like a trail I could take the rail on? I'm not sure about the 21st though... may be another busy weekend for me... I'll have to chime back in.

'91 Sandrail-'75 914
Justin
ZeBrAJA

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: May 05, 2011, 12:55:57 pm »

May 21st Works of me. I'm out of school by then. Rayhouse Road Trail sound good too.
Greg
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #7 on: May 05, 2011, 05:15:01 pm »

For those without the book - here's the section on Rayhouse Road: http://books.google.com/books?id=3Atk_Q1tJxYC&pg=PA500&lpg=PA500&dq=Rayhouse+Road+Trail&source=bl&ots=00Oy0cGiJl&sig=1r14VlvS-j78lun1qHdVMIj7E-w&hl=en&ei=Rz3DTczjCIfeiALgrqShAw&sa=X&oi=book_result&ct=result&resnum=4&ved=0CCoQ6AEwAw#v=onepage&q=Rayhouse%20Road%20Trail&f=false
norcalracer

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: May 05, 2011, 09:09:07 pm »

save tehama wildlife for june run we could do the peligreen jeep from there up to the bucks flat area alot of nice area up there
BadDogRacing

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: May 06, 2011, 02:06:15 pm »

Well the 21st is two weeks away.
Is this going to be the May Meet date?

Greg? Tag??
Bueller???

Justin

View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 06, 2011, 02:10:23 pm »

Wow that looks nice out there...It's my nephews birthday, so I probably wont be going unless I can convince him that it will be cooler than going to the zoo...

'91 Sandrail-'75 914
Justin
Greg
Administrator

View Profile
« Reply #11 on: May 06, 2011, 05:09:08 pm »

Justin - How about we just bring along a cake and have a trail birthday party? Smiley

This looks like a fun trail. Maybe since it's only 1.5 hours we go to the end and come back. If we met there about 9:00am, would that be enough time for you to get back Greg U? It would be fun to do the route and back, then maybe cook up some hot dogs or something in the regional park there. Unless anyone opposes, I think the 21st at this location would be great.

Greg
BadDogRacing

View Profile
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2011, 07:01:07 pm »

Justin - How about we just bring along a cake and have a trail birthday party? Smiley

This looks like a fun trail. Maybe since it's only 1.5 hours we go to the end and come back. If we met there about 9:00am, would that be enough time for you to get back Greg U? It would be fun to do the route and back, then maybe cook up some hot dogs or something in the regional park there. Unless anyone opposes, I think the 21st at this location would be great.

Greg

I like the way you think!
I second this plan.

BadDogRacing

View Profile
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2011, 09:59:28 pm »

I did a little more research to find the trip to the starting point, Cache Creek Canyon Regional Park is about 1 hour and 16 minutes from Sacramento. The distance is roughly 64.18 miles going by Mapquest.

http://mapq.st/lZrVJ7

Here is another map (albeit a bit crappy) of the area.

BadDogRacing

View Profile
« Reply #14 on: May 07, 2011, 09:25:36 pm »

Pages: [1] 2 3 4
  Print  

Jump to: